Whiplash Treatment in Phoenix, AZ
Auto Accident Injury Chiropractor
Whiplash is one of the most common and most well-known injuries associated with automobile accidents. It is a soft tissue injury that may affect the muscles or ligaments of the neck, which can be stretched or torn when the head, neck, and body jerk or jolt during the collision itself. The symptoms of whiplash and other injuries can take time to appear, and you may require weeks or even months to achieve a full recovery. This is why it’s so important to seek the help of an experienced auto injury chiropractor near Phoenix as soon as possible after an accident; at Accident Chiropractors, we have the experience and the resources needed to help you recover quickly and completely from whiplash for neck pain relief.
The Common Symptoms of Whiplash
While whiplash is most often associated with neck pain, this is only one of many symptoms that may manifest if your neck was injured during an accident. Some of the most common whiplash symptoms include:
- neck pain and stiffness, particularly if they worsen when you move your neck.
- a loss of range of motion in the neck, such as difficulty moving the head side to side or up and down.
- soreness or tenderness in the shoulders, upper arms, or back.
- tingling or numbness in the arms and hands.
- headaches, which often start at the base of the skull and move outward.
- fatigue, difficulty concentrating, and memory problems.
- blurry vision, ringing in the ears, or dizziness.
Many people think of whiplash as a minor medical issue, but it can lead to serious complications if left untreated. Some of the conditions that whiplash can lead to include:
- Disc degeneration. Severe cases of whiplash can cause injury to the discs and ligaments in the spine, which can lead to severe pain, numbness, and weak muscles. Spinal issues may also be worsened if you are having difficulty moving due to pain from whiplash.
- Chronic neck pain. Tenderness and stiffness in the neck area is common after experiencing whiplash, but it should go away after a few weeks. If it persists, you need further treatment in order to stop the pain.
- Restricted movement. Whiplash can cause severe shock to the joints in your arms or spine, which can reduce your ability to move. In many cases, you may need therapy in order to recover your mobility.
If your chiropractor diagnoses you with whiplash, it’s important to begin whiplash treatment promptly. Without proper neck injury treatment, the damage caused by the accident can worsen over time, leading to complications that are more difficult to treat. Chronic pain and loss of flexibility in the neck are the most likely complications associated with whiplash. Severe whiplash and tissue injuries can also cause degeneration of the spinal discs or worsening of existing spinal conditions.
- Chiropractic adjustment is an effective treatment for whiplash. During this treatment, your chiropractor will apply targeted and gentle force to the joints of the neck to reduce pain and improve head and neck mobility.
- Stretching and pressure may be used to help the muscles of the neck relax, relieving pain associated with cramps or spasms. This treatment may be called muscle stimulation or muscle relaxation.
- Your chiropractor may guide you through specialized neck exercises designed to reduce stress on the spinal discs and stabilize the neck to prevent disc degeneration and other whiplash complications.
If you have suffered an injury in a car crash, Accident Chiropractors can help. Please call our chiropractic care center in Phoenix at (602) 253-8888 to discuss chiropractic therapy for whiplash today.
Why Choose Us?
- 44 Convenient Locations
- No Out of Pocket Cost
- No Health Insurance Required
- We Bill the “At Fault” Person
- Hablamos Español
- Auto & Work Injury Treatment